Sunday 24 November 2013

Multi-Tasking Fail And Essay Writing

Hey Guys,

It's getting to that time of year where I have what feels like a 100 essays to write. And this year it's even worse because I have my dissertation to write, and my main problem is I'm just plain not able to do more than one thing at once. Like I know everyone says they can't multi task but I really can only focus on one essay at a time. And that is quite problematic when I have about 5 that are all in for the same week more or less.

The other problem I have is that I love Christmas, I don't want to be feeling miserable when Christmas comes around because I haven't finished all of my essays yet. I want to have as much done as possible so that I can be all festive and enjoy it. For some reason everything feels more christmassy this year, like even my mum seems more christmassy too. Every year I set her a baking challenge because she is rubbish and doesn't bake. Or cook. At all. Every year so far she has failed- but this year she has even booked a day off so that we can bake stuff before Christmas. So I want to get all of my work out of the way now, and that is making me stressed.

I've discovered that I'm not very good at sitting and concentrating for very long. Or at all. I blame YouTube for this as I have been watching 15 minute long videos for years now instead of watching hour long films, and now I'm not very good at sitting still and concentrating. So I basically write a paragraph, do something else and come back later and write another paragraph. Whilst this system works it's not exactly optimum efficiency, is it? So I've been trying to sit still and concentrate but no luck so far.

Can someone teach me how to concentrate?


~Louisa

No comments:

Post a Comment